Greek Mythology
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greek Mythology

Where you become the Myth

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Derek The Half-Blood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FishHead

FishHead

Derek The Half-Blood Empty
PostSubject: Derek The Half-Blood   Derek The Half-Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 am

Chapter one

I was sitting on a rock looking out at the water when I got the news. It wasn't quick either. I enjoyed sitting by the ocean. The sea breeze and the smell of sea water always made me feel calm and helped me think. My phone was ringing. I looked down at my phone. It was my aunt. I answered it to hear her sniffling. "Hey Derek. It's Auntie Stephanie," said the voice on the phone.
"I know who it is, my phone has caller i.d.," I said chuckling.
"It's about your step-father," she continued, "he was injured in a car crash," My step-father was a funny man whom I could always relate to. We both had ADHD and we both were dyslexic. My mother had met him when I was twelve, eleven years after my father abandoned us. I looked so much like my step-father that people thought we were actual father and son.
"Is he okay? Where's mom?" I asked.
"She is with him but wants someone to come get you," she told me.
"Well then come get me!" I was getting angry.
"No, not me. Someone named Jeff," she said the name with such disgust. I had never heard her say anything like that ever. "She said it's time you finally went with those people."
"Who are those people? What's going on?"
"I can't tell you anymore. Jeff should be there soon. He should keep you safe until you get to camp." Then she hung up. Just then a car pulled up and out stepped a kid who looked a few years older than me. He walked with a limp.
"I'm Jeff. Get in the car please. I'm here to take you to camp," said the man. I didn't know if I should take off running or to listen to the guy, so I got in the car.
"Where are you taking me?" I was scared and I almost couldn't get the words out.

I hope you guys like chapter one. I'm working on chapter two.
Back to top Go down
FishHead

FishHead

PostSubject: Re: Derek The Half-Blood   Derek The Half-Blood I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Chapter 2

He tossed a blue backpack in my lap. I opened it and looked inside. There was a watch, a shirt, and a brown pouch with a drawstring. When I shook the pouch it jingled. I figured it was money. What exactly was happening? Why did I need money? Who were these other people? I was going to get some answers.
"Who are you and where are you taking me?" I asked as I grabbed the steering wheel ready to yank it towards the side of the road.
"My name is Jeff. I'm taking you to a place for special people just like you."
"People like me? What am I some kind of freak?" I asked. This guy didn't make any sense.
"You aren't a freak. You are just," he paused to find the right word. "You are just different."
"If that is supposed to be a nice way of calling me a freak it didn't make me feel any better," I said trying not to sound as angry as I was. "First I get news that my step-father was hurt, then I'm taken away by some creep, and now you're calling me a freak."
"I wasn't calling you a freak. Derek, you are different. Your blood is not just mortal." The way he said mortal confused me. He said it as if he weren't.
"What do you mean? Not mortal. What is there other than mortal?" I asked completely confused.
"You are a half-blood Derek. You are half human, half..." He didn't finish the sentence because he was too focused on the road. He pulled over and turned to me and said, "You need to get out. Now! Take this map. It'll get you to where you have to go." He pushed me out of the car and drove off in the direction his were fixed leaving me standing on the side of the road holding a rolled up piece of parchment.
I opened the parchment and on it was a crudely drawn map. I had no idea where I was on the map. I flipped it a few times and scratched my head. Suddenly an arrow with the words "You are here" under it. I dropped the map. When I had the courage to pick it up again I studied the map more closely. It said I was in the middle of a forest called Nymph Forest. The arrow was pointing at a place labeled CHB. I didn't have much of a choice but to follow the arrow so I did with nothing more than a backpack and a map.

COMMENT!
Back to top Go down
Juniper / Brooke

Juniper / Brooke

PostSubject: Re: Derek The Half-Blood   Derek The Half-Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Pretty good for a fish head.
Back to top Go down
HotHead
Admin
HotHead

PostSubject: Re: Derek The Half-Blood   Derek The Half-Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:12 pm

pretty awesome Fishy!
Back to top Go down
https://greekxmythology.forumotion.com
FishHead

FishHead

PostSubject: Re: Derek The Half-Blood   Derek The Half-Blood I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I didnt have any time to write on Monday and it's one am here so I best be off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
HotHead
Admin
HotHead

PostSubject: Re: Derek The Half-Blood   Derek The Half-Blood I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:30 pm

omg I wrote three chapters to a story today! Ima post it laterr
Back to top Go down
https://greekxmythology.forumotion.com
FishHead

FishHead

PostSubject: Re: Derek The Half-Blood   Derek The Half-Blood I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:09 am

I MISS EVERYONE COME BACK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derek The Half-Blood   Derek The Half-Blood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derek The Half-Blood
Page 1 of 1